7 Best Washable Dog Beds for Pugs: Prices, Sizes, Shapes, and Colors
Many dog owners do not consider it necessary to buy a separate bed for their dogs. There is no doubt that a dog can sleep anywhere and in any position. Yet, there are many reasons why a dog should have its own soft spot to sleep.
Choosing the right dog bed is not an easy task. With this in mind, the focus of today's article will be on washable dog beds for Pugs. Of course, if a bed is suitable for a Pug, it will be suitable for all similar small dog breeds. Continue reading below to learn all about the different types of beds for Pugs and how to select the right one.
Why is it important for a dog to have a bed?
As already mentioned, dogs can sleep anywhere. Yet, it is not good for your pet to sleep on the floor. There are several reasons for this:
- Recreation area - small puppies feel safe and secure in their cages. The dog bed is a place where the adult dog can do whatever it wants. It is important to provide it with a place where it can be alone to feel good at home.
- Health - Sleeping on the floor or other hard surfaces can damage your fluffy friend's health. This could lead to hip dysplasia, arthritis, and other musculoskeletal problems. For older dogs, it is good to provide an orthopedic bed, as they are predisposed to these diseases.
- Hygiene - no matter how often you clean the floor, it is not the best place to sleep. When you get a bed for your dog, it will sleep in a cleaner place. Most washable dog beds have removable parts that can be easily washed.
Why do you need a washable dog bed?
Everyone knows that dogs can be messy. There is not much we can do to change that but a washable dog bed will make our lives easier. These beds come in all shapes and sizes. Some are entirely washable. Others come with an easy-to-clean removable cover. In other words, you will not have to wash the whole bed.
How to choose the right bed for your Pug?
When choosing a bed for ourselves, we instinctively know what the right size would be. But is this task so easy when it comes to our pet?
Choosing the right size
To understand the necessary size for the bed, you need to measure your dog. This includes its length from nose to tail and its height. Then, you need to add another 20-30 centimeters to make sure that your dog will have space no matter how it sleeps. This is the most important part; the washable dog bed should be large enough for any lying position.
Dog beds come in all kinds of shapes. Some owners pick the bed in accordance with the favorite sleeping position of their dog. Others select beds based on the health issues of their dogs.
- Pet Sofa - Most dogs love to sleep on the couch or sofa. Some people don't mind it. Others try to teach their dogs to stay away from the furniture. Even if you succeed, it does not mean that your dog doesn't like it anymore. In these cases, pet sofa dog beds are a good option.
- Donut-style - If your dog likes to sleep curled up, this is the perfect option. These are perhaps the most common beds on the market. They are not always perfectly round but they come in all sizes.
- Pillow - For the most part, these beds are simply large pillows. They do not come with additional features. You can choose a regular one or a washable pillow dog bed. If your dog has special needs, this is not a suitable choice.
- Memory Foam - Suitable for all dogs but great for older pets. Experts say that dogs sleep much better with a memory foam bed. They come in all shapes and sizes but can often be slightly more expensive.
- Orthopedic dog beds - This type of dog bed is most suitable for dogs with muscle or hip problems. Dogs with health issues need the most comfortable beds to feel good. Orthopedic dog beds can significantly ease the pain.
There is no general right color for a washable dog bed. It mainly depends on your taste. Other than that, you should consider the color of your dog.
For example, light colors are not suitable for Pugs with darker coats. In turn, dark colors are unsuitable for light-coated Pugs. Even if you consider this, there is no way to hide all the falling hairs. In the end, you need to choose what you like.
How much does a washable dog bed cost?
Price is always a determining factor in our choice. You can easily find cheap beds for $20-$30, but that's not a good idea. Cheap beds are made of bad fabrics that can harm the dog. Especially when it comes to Pugs, quality is very important.
More expensive dog beds can save you a lot of going to the vet. In addition, more expensive beds last much longer even if your dog is more playful.
7 Best Washable Dog Beds for Pugs
- Pet Fusion Memory Foam Bed (Small)
This dog bed is one of the most positively reviewed choices on the market. It comes in several sizes suitable for different breeds. The smallest option is perfectly suitable for Pugs.
The bed is made from memory foam that supports the body. It also has raised sides that can either support the back of your dog or give it a place to lay its head.
The only downside to this washable dog bed is that it is not hypoallergenic. Nevertheless, it comes with removable covers that make cleaning easy.
- Brindle Soft Shredded Memory Foam Dog Bed
This is a washable dog bed suitable for dogs that prefer to sleep stretched. It does not have bolster sides but is made of 3-inch thick orthopedic memory foam.
The whole bed is not washable but it is also not necessary. It comes with a microsuede cover that can be removed for washing.
This washable dog bed is available in a variety of sizes and is the perfect choice if you are on a budget.
- Loving Care Lounger
Here is a completely washable dog bed. Unlike the two previous models, this one can be completely washed in a front-loading washer. It also comes with removable covers if you prefer to only clean them.
This product is incredibly well-priced for its size. It is a perfect choice if you want to get your Pug a large bed but have a smaller budget. It is also available in 6 colors.
- Furhaven Deluxe Orthopedic Pet Dog Bed
The Furhaven Orthopedic Washable dog bed has been one of the top products in the niche for years. It is available in several sizes and 20 colors.
The bed is made from orthopedic foam that is suitable for any dog with joint issues. It comes with bolster support on two of the sides which will give your dog additional space and a place to lay its head.
Cleaning and maintenance are easy with the removable bed cover. The only downside is that it is not suitable for pets with chewing behavior.
- Dogbed4less Premium Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed
Available in several sizes and two colors, the bed is the perfect orthopedic mattress-type bed. It comes with a completely washable microfiber cover. This is a bed that will make your dog feel safe and comfortable.
According to the brand, this washable dog bed is better than a regular human-grade mattress.
- EDUJIN Donut Cushion Dog Bed
As we explained above, donut-shaped beds are the simplest and most common type. This is an option for a lower budget. This bed is available in several color variations and two sizes suitable for Pugs and other small breeds.
You will have no problems cleaning this bed. It is completely machine washable.
- Bedsure Medium Dog Bed
If you want an affordable orthopedic washable dog bed, there is no better choice than this one from Bedsure. It is completely water-resistant and comes with a removable cover.
Few products can compare to the size and quality for this low price.
Pugs are dogs that become overly attached to their owners. These dogs do not like to be left alone. Buying a dog bed will give your Pug a place where it can feel comfortable when you are away.
When it comes to beds, there is no better choice than a washable dog bed. This will save you a lot of nerves and cleaning. Getting your Pug a dog bed will not only impact its health positively but it will make your dog very happy too. All you have to do now is find the right one for your Pug.
We already showed you the seven best washable dog beds for Pugs so this should be the simplest choice in the world. Pick one and make your Pug the happiest dog in the world.